Who we are
At Cobrainer, we are developing a revolutionary, fast and intuitive way for people and organizations to find and connect with the relevant expertise needed to drive their ideas and projects.
To make this a reality, our Machine learning team is developing software that analyses large public and private data sets in order to extract, clean and accurate expertise information. To this end, the team brings together methods and concepts such as data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, distributed computing, API design, and user interface design.
As a Lead Software Engineer in the Machine learning team, you are responsible for translating cutting-edge research into a scalable and maintainable product that can be deployed and used on new customers’ datasets within minutes. Training models and improving the underlying analytics architecture based on customer interactions and customer feedback in rapid two-week release sprints will be your rhythm – as you and your team are building and maintaining the critical data analysis and learning core of the Cobrainer Expertise Management Software.
This vacancy is aimed to be filled at the earliest possible date.
In your role
- You are responsible for data-processing modules of the Cobrainer software in close collaboration with the Software Development Team.
- You will design and implement software features that require applications of Deep learning, Machine learning, Data mining, search and recommendation techniques.
- You will assess incoming requirements, design respective software features, and coordinate implementation with developers in the team.
- You will define feature specifications and approval criteria, coordinate tests, software documentation and releases.
- You will undertake validation, rectification of reported issues, optimize software for data quality and system performance.
- You will mentor and guide junior team members, participate in future hiring efforts.
What we value
- You have a minimum of 3 years practical experience in designing and implementing enterprise-grade software systems.
- You have successfully completed your MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- You have extensive experience and knowledge in data structures, algorithms and techniques in Deep learning, Machine learning, Natural language processing, Information retrieval and Data mining.
- You have extensive proven experience in conceptualizing, developing, and testing software for scalability and high performance.
- You have extraordinary programming skills, motivation to create and build robust software.
- You have highly proficient knowledge of Java, Python, Bash-Scripting, DBMS, and NoSQL technologies.
- You have effective written and oral communication skills in English; Proficiency in the German language is a plus.
What Cobrainer offers you
- Responsibility, ownership, trust, and time to drive your own ideas.
- We’re driven by expertise and we invest in yours, which means the Cobrainer subsidizes language courses, conferences, and training.
- Great colleagues with whom you can climb mountains, river-raft, and jump down canyons.
- Excellent compensataion packages and 30 vacation days.
- Weekly get-togethers, quarterly team retreats and other fun activities.
- Spacious office in central Munich, snack, drinks, and barista quality coffee.
- We are striving to keep Cobrainer a happy, challenging, and inspiring place to work.