Who we are
At Cobrainer, we are developing a revolutionary, fast and intuitive way for people and organizations to find and connect with relevant expertise needed to drive their ideas and At Cobrainer, we are developing a revolutionary, fast and intuitive way for people and organizations to find and connect with the relevant expertise needed to drive their ideas and projects.
To provide our complex underlying learning and analytics solution to the user (or third-party developer) in a performant, load-tolerant, easy, and intuitive way, our Software Development team is building and maintaining a highly scalable, secure and modular software architecture that handles single requests in the same fast and reliable way it does with thousands of batch requests.
As a Java-based Software Development Engineer, you will be in the team that builds, maintains, and scales our Cobrainer Expertise Management Software. Working closely with our Machine Learning Team, UI Teams and Business Teams, you will be specifying, designing, developing, and maintaining the core backend architecture of our Cobrainer product. Rapid two-week product release sprints ensure that what you are building swiftly addresses our enterprise users and third-party developer requirements.
This vacancy is aimed to be filled at the earliest possible date.
In your role
- You will work closely with the Business Development and Machine learning teams to understand new user stories, user requirements, and data requirements to design the core logic for serving complex analytics results in lightning speed.
- You will develop and test product features based on our existing software stacks and stay up-to-date with the latest frameworks and implementation methodologies.
- You will maintain the test case database, and schedule testing activities
- You will design, develop, and communicate APIs for integration to other data management platforms and customer systems.
- You will constantly strive for optimizing our product quality, performance and highest data-security standards.
What we value
- You have a minimum of 3 years practical experience in enterprise software development and qualitative reusable Java-based libraries.
- You have successfully completed your BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields and practical experience in designing and building large-scale distributed software systems.
- You have extensive experience and familiarity with various design, architectural and concurrency patterns in Java as well as solid knowledge of database management systems (SQL, NoSQL, Graph databases).
- You have practical experience in implementing automated functional and unit tests.
- You have a sound understanding of agile workflows and common methods for project management.
- You are a team player and able to construct arguments and suggestions in a structured, solution-oriented way.
- You have effective written and oral communication skills in English; Proficiency in the German language is a plus.
What Cobrainer offers you
- Responsibility, ownership, trust, and time to drive your own ideas.
- We’re driven by expertise and we invest in yours, which means the Cobrainer subsidizes language courses, conferences, and training.
- Great colleagues with whom you can climb mountains, river-raft, and jump down canyons.
- Excellent compensation packages and 30 vacation days.
- Weekly get-togethers, quarterly team retreats and other fun activities.
- Spacious office in central Munich, snack, drinks, and barista quality coffee. We are striving to keep Cobrainer a happy, challenging, and inspiring place to work.